Day 4! This is one I just sat down one day and started doing and he turned out pretty cute!
*White Felt (for the head) *colored/pattern felt (Hat) *Orange & black felt (nose & mouth) *white sparkly felt or white fur trim (to trim the bottom edge of your hat) *googly eyes *yarn or ribbon (to tie around the hat & to hang your ornament from)
1. Download this Snowman Pattern PDF and cut it out for your template.
2. Cut 2 circles of white felt and 2 hat pieces of any color/pattern felt you want
3. Sew the circles- leave an opening to turn right side out and then stuff
4. Sew or hot glue your opening closed
5. Sew your hat pieces down each side. Leave the bottom and the top part open so that you can flip it right side out.
6. Cut out and glue on your hat trimming. I used a piece of white sparkly felt
7. Fit your hat onto your snowman head, and then glue it down inside.
8.Tie a ribbon or yarn around the top of the hat.
Loop and tie your ornament hanging loop onto the back like this:
9. Cut the top felt into fringes
10. Glue on the face! I chose to just do the eyes and nose on this one, but you can add little black felt circles for the mouth if you want to.
This is another snowman I tried to do with a real sweater. You can experiment using different fabric & sweaters too if you’re feeling creative! I actually made this one before the felt version I’ve shown you above. It’s kind of like the rough draft for this craft, but I thought I’d show you anyway.
That’s it! Cute little snowman heads to add some fun to your Christmas tree!
Today's Creative Blog-Get Your Craft On,
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap-UP-Friday
Stopping in from TT&J. I've been collecting ornament ideas and making them with my son. He'll love these! Thanks for sharing. Newly following you. :)ReplyDelete
This is sooooo cute!!ReplyDelete
Very cute, but the template link isn't working. Please update the link so we can do this for Girl Scouts.ReplyDelete