Though I am not totally done—I need to put ribbons around the pots and eventually I’ll be getting pumpkins—I thought I’d show you the porch right now.
I made a new Halloween wreath, because the one I made last year was squished, several gems fell off and it was overall in poor shape. So I covered a new wreath with black polka dot fabric—a remnant from my stash. Then I started making some felt flowers.
My first attempt was a pretty combo, but I didn’t finish it because it definitely didn’t look “Halloween” enough. The blue & green threw it off. So I stuck with oranges and yellows. Still not totally screaming “Halloween” but it’s better than my fall wreath I had up through September. Maybe I will make purple & green flowers instead…we’ll see.
Next, my naked branches (spray painted black last year) needed something on them. I contemplated bats—but I did ghosts instead. I didn’t really care about how awesome they looked, so I kept it simple. Drew a ghost on cardstock, cut it out, traced it onto a folded piece of white felt.
Cut them out and drew faces and then hot glued orange ribbons on to hang them. Probably took 20 minutes. I may work on some cuter ones (like these, or these or these-but laminated) that I’ve seen and pinned, but that requires work and possibly sewing (shudder) and we all know I am a pretty lazy crafter sometimes.
So that’s that. This works for now. Like I said, I still need to put big orange ribbons around the pots to dress them up & give them more color. That’s all for now! The rest of the house is starting to look more festive too—more of those pics later.
I think your wreath is adorable and you could just change the flowers out and use it for so many seasons! I love polka dots.ReplyDelete
Perfect! Looks great :-)ReplyDelete
Happy Friday Decorating!
Spooky and so so cute :)ReplyDelete
I would love for you to link up your creation at http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/10/jaqs-studio-first-ever-linky-party.html