Friday, December 14, 2012
The Stockings were Hung
Since ickle Sammykins didn’t have a stocking, so I had to make him one. Since I didn’t like my old ones I made ALL new ones!
I love the sweater stocking look, but feel like they definitely need a lining. I’ve never done a lining before and the whole outside-inside-plus-a-cuff thing left me a little baffled until I found this great tutorial on Cluck Cluck Sew that helped me figure it out! It was the first tutorial that actually made sense to me enough for me to figure it out. I spent 2 days on the first stocking alone, and then only 1 1/2 days on the other three!!
They aren’t perfect, but I’m happy enough with how they turned out.
This was the mantle right after I finished sewing and ironing the last stocking…
It was lacking a little extra embellishment.
I took this random stuff and made a cute little garland…
I added tags to the stockings and also spray-painted the stocking clips gold. I put a string of gold beads across the shelf. I like it much better, but I may need even a little more something with my little garland.
I made these trees. One is just covered in shiny marble pebbles, and the other was wrapped in yarn first and then I just put on a few pebbles for polka dots. I found the deer at the thrift store, and the owls at Pier One last year.
Mantles are definitely not easy for me, but I like how it turned out this year. Progress.
Christmas is getting closer!!