This is most definitely not going to be a tutorial…like ever. This was the hardest most time consuming sewing project I’ve taken on in years! There were several times throughout this week I just about gave up and started searching Etsy for cute car seat replacement covers. There’s lots of cute ones that tempted me:
First, I found this dinosaur one I really really loved.
This is another one I seriously considered buying!
But in the end, I couldn't’ go through with it. I only spent $10 in fabric (green circle fabric is from fabric.com) and thread. I didn’t even use all of the fabric so I can use it for other projects. It did suck up a ton of time though! I spent all last week working on this thing! It’s not near perfect, but it is definitely cuter than it was before:
Now this is what I turned it into!
The hardest part was the shade—mostly because I had to cut it up and make it up as I went and I’m not very good at that. It took 5 hours yesterday to do just the shade! I wanted to just get it done so I just constantly worked on it until it was finished-only taking breaks when my back hurt and had to get up and walk around a bit. The other parts of the seat were easier because I just pinned to the original cover and sewed it up!! Though it still was pretty time consuming with all those pins and getting it to lay right. I got poked by pins more times than I cared to count!
I’m just so glad it’s finished and now baby can come home from the hospital in style!!