Sunday, February 03, 2008

Movin and A-GrOoVin'

This past weekend was the big move.

What a big job! I swear your stuff multiplies by 100 once you get married!

Friday Night, we studied until nearly 6pm and then had dinner with Darcy and Alison at the Pizza Factory. It was fun and good, but we didn't get back until nearly 8pm and then we had to pack up! We worked pretty hard, but we were beat by 11 and went to bed.

Saturday, the day of pure stress: We woke up at 6:30 and packed up everything else. I did impress myself with how much we could get done in one hour. At 9 :15--a bit behind schedule--we were supposed to pick up the Uhaul truck at 9. It was nearly 10 before we got the truck and I got Nikki and Al picked up. Al and Scott got all the heavy stuff and made sure to arrange the truck in a good way that everything was secure and such. Darcy and Alison (scott's sisters) helped me clean and moved smaller stuff out to the truck--as did my friend Nikki. Sometime around Noon Al and Scott locked up the truck and headed to Provo. I waited for my sister to get to the apartment with the vacuum and she, Nikki and I finished getting everything else out of the apartment and into our cars. Darcy and Ali had to leave to do other things, but they had helped a bunch, so I was OK with that. Nikki went with me and Jen followed in her car to the Wymount Apartment. Al had gone to work and my other brother Steve was there helping Scott move stuff into the apartment. The 3 flights of stairs were what was killing me, I could only do so much lifting as well. Soon enough, though, we had about 4 or 5 guys from the ward helping us move stuff up into the apartment! I love this ward already! No one from our old ward helped us move in or out; not even the family we lived under for all those months. Everything was moved into our apartment by 2:30 and Scott and Steve left to drop off the truck back at Uhaul. Jen's husband, Greg, soon came with 3 pizzas and everyone relaxed for a while. I dropped Nikki off at her basketball game at 3:10 (she's in the band) and Everyone else stayed until around 4. Scott and I dropped dead on our bed and took a really long nap. When we woke up, we decided to go see a $1 movie--we saw Dan in Real Life. It was a great movie. Scott went to campus for about an hour, and then we went to bed shortly after that.

Sunday: We woke up from a pretty steady sleep at 8am. We made a HoneyDo list with 5 or 6 things we wanted each other to do. We worked hard all day getting things unpacked and set up. Scott slowed down some when the superbowl came on ;) But he still worked pretty steadily. I felt pretty good about how much I was able to get done. I'm feeling really good about moving here--which is good because Thursday and Friday I wasn't so sure everything was going to be ok.

We've still got some stuff in boxes in our 2nd bedroom, and we are going to have to find a couch of sorts--sitting on the dining room chairs is going to get old. But I'm feeling really good about the move.

Here's to surviving the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

other posts you may like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...